By the way, not a member? Think of joining at www.blues.org, it gets you a ballot for $25 and a tax write off for charity.
Best New Artist Debut-That individual or band that first achieved widespread recognition during the eligibility period and whose eligible release was available nationally.
- Cedric Burnside & Lightnin' Malcolm - 2 Man Wrecking Crew
- Chris James and Patrick Rynn - Stop and Think About It
- Delta Highway - The Devil Had a Woman
- Eden Brent - Mississippi Number One
- The Homemade Jamz Blues Band - Pay Me No Mind
- Lil' Ed & the Blues Imperials
- Magic Slim & the Teardrops
- Nick Moss & the Flip Tops
- The Mannish Boys
- Watermelon Slim & the Workers
- Gary Moore - Bad for You Baby
- Jeff Healey - Mess of Blues
- Michael Burks - Iron Man
- Smokin' Joe Kubek & Bnois King - Blood Brothers
- Sonny Landreth - from the REACH
- Walter Trout - The Outsider
Album of the Year -The best Blues album in any style released to the public during the eligibility period. (May be an album nominated in another category).
- Buddy Guy - Skin Deep
- Curtis Salgado - Clean Getaway
- Elvin Bishop - The Blues Rolls On
- Janiva Magness - What Love Will Do
- The Mannish Boys - Lowdown Feeling
DVD - The best Blues DVD in any style released to the public during the eligibility period.
- Broke & Hungry Records, Cathead Blues & Mudpuppy Recordings - M For Mississippi: A Road Trip Through The Birthplace of the Blues
- Delmark Records - Little Arthur Duncan Live at Rosa's Blues Lounge
- Eagle Eye Media - Albert Collins Live at Montreux 1992
- Eagle Eye Media - Carlos Santana Plays Blues At Montreux 2004
- Stony Plain Records - Ronnie Earl & Broadcasters - Hope Radio Sessions
B.B. King Entertainer of the Year -
- Bobby Rush
- Janiva Magness
- Lil' Ed
- Magic Slim
- Watermelon Slim
Next time, we will look at the acoustic, traditional, contemporary and soul blues nominees. If you had the opportunity to vote, would you look them up if you didn't know them? I am always amazed by what is available on myspace, you tube, the musician and fan sites, as well as the record labels. Even if you are not voting, Blues Fans, those listed are well worth your time to get to know.