Dedicated to the passion, promotion and education of the Blues; Live, Virtual, International. For all blues fans, DJ's, musicians, promoters, educators, and 501(C)3's who appreciate eclectic, discriminating, genuine, fresh and often random articles.

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Experiencing Janiva Magness

It is easy to see how this Contemporary Blues Artist received four nominations for the 2009 Blues Music Awards. Her music speaks to redemption and healing, defined by experience. For those of us in the Midwest, Magness will be in Minneapolis. MN on May 22 and Cedarburg, WI on May 23.

I first heard her song "You Were Never Mine," and it stays with me to this day.



"I think I was born for it...born to it....been my answer....how I fit in the world... I feel like it chose me, not I chose it."



“The tragedies of my life no longer define me.” If you have never checked out her bio, and you are interested in the life behind the lyrics, do yourself a favor and read her it at www.janivamagness.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for taking the time to comment.